8. Trending Up
• Cards rookie WR Christian Kirk’s targets, receptions and yards are increasing each week. If this continues, he’ll break 100 yards and double-digit targets in Week 4 against the Seahawks.
• Third-year slot receiver Tyler Boyd’s yards keep increasing too and has caught touchdowns in consecutive games for the Bengals. He is leading the team in yards and receiving average, and in catches over 20+ yards with six. Boyd is also second in targets (21) and receptions (15).
• Rams WR Robert Woods finally had his breakout game with his numbers in catches, targets, and yards rising with each passing week. Woods also caught two touchdowns.
• Ravens WR John Brown did not catch a touchdown in his third consecutive game, but he did receive at least nine targets and 86 yards for the second straight week.
• When Texans WR Will Fuller and QB Deshaun Watson play together, they score. In the six games they’ve been on the field together, the pair has scored nine touchdowns at at least one in each game.
• Dolphins WR Albert Wilson is less of a sure thing, having at least two targets and two catches in each game, but he has scored in two straight games, including Sunday’s 74-yard catch and a 52-yard pass to Jakeem Grant.
• Giants slot WR Sterling Shepard has at least five targets in each of the first three games. If Evan Engram misses time, Shepard’s looks could rise.
• Chargers wideout Mike Williams grabbed two touchdowns, while catching 4-of-7 targets for 81 yards. In the first three games, Williams has either caught for at least 80 yards or scored. He’s become a true receiving option after Keenan Allen while simultaneously filling the absence at tight end.