Bruno Boys Fantasy Football Fanduel

Lane Kiffin leaves Tennessee. Will replace Pete Carroll at USC
Posted: 13 January 2010 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3080
Joined  2009-06-26

After just one year at University of Tennessee, head coach Lane Kiffin will leave the Volunteers football program and become the head coach at University of Southern California. Kiffin led the Vols to a a Peach Bowl loss to Virgina Tech and a 7-6 finish in his lone season.  With former USC coach Pete Carroll leaving to become the new coach off the Seattle Seahawks, Kiffin felt it was a great opportunity to return to the school that he served as a coordinator at before leaving for an NFL job of his own. This will mark the third head coaching job in a three year span for Kiffin.

In his lone year at Tennessee, Kiffin did nothing to make friends around college football and this move should only make things worse.  My question to you is….

Do you think Kiffin can keep the USC Football program on the pedestal that Carroll developed? Or will it not be an as tempting place to play college football for the young recruits?

Signature 

mcaviglia@brunoboys.net

Beat the Bruno Boys! Square off against Bruno Boys Staffers–For a weekly chance to win $1,000 in prize money, click here to register:  $1,000 IN WEEKLY PAYOUTS 

Posted: 13 January 2010 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  385
Joined  2009-07-01
Bruno Boys Cavigs - 13 January 2010 05:36 AM

After just one year at University of Tennessee, head coach Lane Kiffin will leave the Volunteers football program and become the head coach at University of Southern California. Kiffin led the Vols to a a Peach Bowl loss to Virgina Tech and a 7-6 finish in his lone season.  With former USC coach Pete Carroll leaving to become the new coach off the Seattle Seahawks, Kiffin felt it was a great opportunity to return to the school that he served as a coordinator at before leaving for an NFL job of his own. This will mark the third head coaching job in a three year span for Kiffin.

In his lone year at Tennessee, Kiffin did nothing to make friends around college football and this move should only make things worse.  My question to you is….

Do you think Kiffin can keep the USC Football program on the pedestal that Carroll developed? Or will it not be an as tempting place to play college football for the young recruits?

I never thought I’d say this, but I kinda feel bad for the players and fans of Tennessee. What a crappy situation for them.

Having said that, Lane seems like a good fit at USC, or at least as good of one out of the candidates that were left, but I doubt he lives up to the ridiculously high standards set by Carroll. And let’s face it, Carroll is going to bomb at Seattle and be back at USC in three years so Trojan fans shouldn’t be too upset anyway.

Signature 

csteger@brunoboys.net

Beat the Bruno Boys! Square off against Bruno Boys Staffers–For a weekly chance to win $1,000 in prize money, click here to register:  $1,000 IN WEEKLY PAYOUTS 

Posted: 14 January 2010 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3080
Joined  2009-06-26
Bruno Boys Cory - 13 January 2010 06:43 AM

I never thought I’d say this, but I kinda feel bad for the players and fans of Tennessee. What a crappy situation for them.

Having said that, Lane seems like a good fit at USC, or at least as good of one out of the candidates that were left, but I doubt he lives up to the ridiculously high standards set by Carroll. And let’s face it, Carroll is going to bomb at Seattle and be back at USC in three years so Trojan fans shouldn’t be too upset anyway.

Cory,

Nice last line about Pete Carroll. He was mediocre as a head coach in the NFL before and I don’t see him doing anything special this time around. From what I have heard, his style doesn’t quite cut it in the NFL and is appreciated more at the college level. One thing he’s got going for him is the NFC West. Arizona is solid and the 49ers should be improved next year but with the Rams being in the division it helps. If you sweep the Rams and split with the 49ers and Cardinals you are now 4-2 in your division.  Seattle should be better this year but it’s going to take a lot more than Carroll for them to be a playoff contender.

Did you see how crazy the students at Tennessee went over Kiffin leaving.  I’m sure you did, but here is a link to some crazy photos and videos….

http://deadspin.com/5446833/ut-fans-now-attacking-defenseless-rock-burning-mattress-update

Signature 

mcaviglia@brunoboys.net

Posted: 14 January 2010 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4120
Joined  2009-09-17

I think Carroll will be around .500 withthe seahwaks and I think Kiffin will do about the same or a little better the first year or 2 but i think he will live up to the expectations…it just might take a couple of years to meet them…I do feel bad for tennessee because Kiffen had them going in the right direction and had some good recruits coming in…that being said, if i was Kiffin i would have probably done the same thing because like he said in his press conference at USC… USC is one of the top coaching jobs in college football and thats where he wanted to be all along…He also said that he probably wouldn’t have left for any other school and i do believe that

Signature 

Team 1 - 12 team (PPR)- 8-3 (2nd place)
Team 2 - 10 team (PPR)- 4-7 (9th place)
Team 3 - 14 team (PPR)- 8-3 (2nd place)
Team 4 BB League- 12 Team (PPR)- 6-5 (5th place)
BB Kicker League- 8 team- 7-4 (2nd place)

Posted: 15 January 2010 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  385
Joined  2009-07-01
Bruno Boys Cavigs - 14 January 2010 07:16 AM
Bruno Boys Cory - 13 January 2010 06:43 AM

Cory,

Nice last line about Pete Carroll. He was mediocre as a head coach in the NFL before and I don’t see him doing anything special this time around. From what I have heard, his style doesn’t quite cut it in the NFL and is appreciated more at the college level. One thing he’s got going for him is the NFC West. Arizona is solid and the 49ers should be improved next year but with the Rams being in the division it helps. If you sweep the Rams and split with the 49ers and Cardinals you are now 4-2 in your division.  Seattle should be better this year but it’s going to take a lot more than Carroll for them to be a playoff contender.

Did you see how crazy the students at Tennessee went over Kiffin leaving.  I’m sure you did, but here is a link to some crazy photos and videos….

http://deadspin.com/5446833/ut-fans-now-attacking-defenseless-rock-burning-mattress-update

haha I did see that Marc but it’s always funny. Rioting over a coach leaving, really? I no longer feel sorry for UT fans, they’re just idiots.

Signature 

csteger@brunoboys.net

Posted: 15 January 2010 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1641
Joined  2009-09-30

In my opinion…Lane Kiffin represents what’s wrong with college football today and the greedy bordering on corrupt BCS culture. Kiffin’s record as a head coach is a combined 12-21 (including 5-15 at Oakland)...not exactly stellar…another one of these guys who coasts along on the “promise” of success rather than demonstrated results…and who thinks that rules don’t apply to him…Tennessee should rejoice that he’s packed his opportunistic bags for USC…He incurred six secondary NCAA violations at Tennessee and one letter of inquiry from the NCAA in his 13 months with the Vols…moreover if Tennessee had fired Kiffin they would have had to pay him $7.5 million…since he broke his contract he has to pay them $800,000 in installments over a three-year period (I think)...Whoever negotiated the terms of that contract on Tennessee’s behalf should be fired…nothing fair and balanced about that arrangement…So now Kiffin returns to USC where his track record as a recruiter between 2003-2006 is also under investigation by the NCAA… sounds about right to me.

Posted: 15 January 2010 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  683
Joined  2009-07-31

Turns out Al Davis was right, Kiffin is an ass and a liar