Bruno Boys Fantasy Football Fanduel

BCS National Title Game - Alabama vs. Texas
Posted: 07 December 2009 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3080
Joined  2009-06-26

After four months of college football we have finally reached the Bowl Season and have our two teams that will be playing for the National Title. 

Who wins this match-up between Alabama and Texas? 

Some of the keys to the game will be if Texas can shutdown RB Mark Ingram from Bama as well as if Bama can shutdown QB Colt McCoy of Texas.

Should be a good one….

PS - I wish Texas would have lost so that a 12-0 TCU team could have had a shot at the National Title but that didn’t happen.

Signature 

mcaviglia@brunoboys.net

Beat the Bruno Boys! Square off against Bruno Boys Staffers–For a weekly chance to win $1,000 in prize money, click here to register:  $1,000 IN WEEKLY PAYOUTS 

Posted: 07 December 2009 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4120
Joined  2009-09-17

That’s what i was wanting too cavigs…I’m thinking bama will win quite easily but a lot can happen in one month so ya never know which team will practice harder and want it more…i would think that team would be bama but texas could surprise me

Signature 

Team 1 - 12 team (PPR)- 8-3 (2nd place)
Team 2 - 10 team (PPR)- 4-7 (9th place)
Team 3 - 14 team (PPR)- 8-3 (2nd place)
Team 4 BB League- 12 Team (PPR)- 6-5 (5th place)
BB Kicker League- 8 team- 7-4 (2nd place)

Posted: 08 December 2009 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-26
bigspace - 07 December 2009 11:03 PM

That’s what i was wanting too cavigs…I’m thinking bama will win quite easily but a lot can happen in one month so ya never know which team will practice harder and want it more…i would think that team would be bama but texas could surprise me

I’m agreeing with you on this one Big Space.  Nick Saban will have his team ready for Texas’ one dimensional offense and this stubborn Alabama defense should be able to do some damage on Colt McCoy and company.  But like you said with both teams having over one month to prepare it all boils down to which team stays fresh and comes out executing on center stage. I’m a big fan of the BCS National Title game I just wish it was played on the day after New Years instead of waiting the extra few days.

What is your take on the Florida/Cincinnati game and the Boise/TCU game. I could be wrong but I think both Florida and TCU win pretty convincingly in these match-ups. I think it’s bogus that the BCS committee paired Boise/TCU against each other instead of letting them get their crack at BCS schools. Talk about covering up the fact that the BCS formula and standards are a joke.

Last but not least, if Brian Kelly leaves Cincy for Notre Dame before the bowl game (which is likely) that game could get ugly.

Signature 

mcaviglia@brunoboys.net

Beat the Bruno Boys! Square off against Bruno Boys Staffers–For a weekly chance to win $1,000 in prize money, click here to register:  $1,000 IN WEEKLY PAYOUTS 

Posted: 08 December 2009 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

I think that both games will be won pretty convincingly but i think boise will hang around for a little while with TCU but TCU will pull away after halftime…florida should dominate Cincy….i think if kelly leaves pre-bowl then it might get really ugly like you said…i really wish they wouldve done TCU/Florida and Cincy/Boise but…too bad i dont get to vote

Signature 

Posted: 08 December 2009 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  794
Joined  2009-11-17

ALA v TEXAS its 2 power house teams head to head the way it should be.
If TX loses that game v NEBRASKA then TCU should get a chance to play, but who knows how it would have ended up.
It worked out right for once this year with the system we have, but I would like to see a playoff system in College.
Keep the BOWLS, but put the top 8 teams in the country in and let them decide who gets the NAT’L Championship by playing the games out on the field.
Not by human voting and computer systems.
This way teams not playing in BCS conferences have a shot just like these BIG NAME teams ranked higher from week 1 that play a weak schedule.

Signature 

2012 fantasy team
Starters 1QB 2RB 1RB/WRflex 1WR 1WR/TEflex 1TE 1K 1DST
STD scoring all TDs = 6

QB Ryan, Luck
RB DMC, A. Green, W. Powell, Hardesty, Ballard Tate,
WR J. Nelson, Jennings, Roddy White, D. Thomas, , D. Avery
TE Pettigrew,Cook
K Tucker
DST Vikings

Posted: 08 December 2009 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Yea i would like for a playoff in college as well

Signature 

Posted: 08 December 2009 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-26
bigspace - 08 December 2009 07:28 PM

Yea i would like for a playoff in college as well

I third this thought regarding a playoff. Should be an 8-team playoff, keep the bowl games, and let the best team win it on the field. Forget about the computer dictating who does what.

Signature 

mcaviglia@brunoboys.net

Posted: 11 January 2010 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-26

Big Space…

Congrats on Alabama winning the National Title on Thursday. I bet you were all fired up throughout the game and like we said Bama was prepared and they stuffed the run.  Even if Colt McCoy plays a full 60 minutes I think Bama still win by a TD or more.

Roll Tide Roll and enjoy Nick Saban’s statue outside of the stadium.

Signature 

mcaviglia@brunoboys.net

Posted: 11 January 2010 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

YEA BABY! Went out and got a national championship shirt and hat the same night and waited in the cold for 45 minutes

Signature 

Posted: 11 January 2010 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-26
bigspace - 11 January 2010 03:56 PM

YEA BABY! Went out and got a national championship shirt and hat the same night and waited in the cold for 45 minutes

I’m sure it was worth the wait. I remember when the San Francisco 49ers won the Super Bowl in 1995 I did the exact same thing and waited for some time. Despite being just 13, I had to make sure I was the first kid in my group of friends to wear Super Bowl XXIX gear.

Congrats Again Big Space!

Signature 

mcaviglia@brunoboys.net