Bruno Boys Fantasy Football Fanduel

Preseason Top 25 AP & Coaches Poll
Posted: 26 August 2009 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3080
Joined  2009-06-26

We are less than two weeks away from the start of the college football season and I wanted to go ahead and post the Preseason Polls.  It’s always nice to look back on these at the end of the year and see how wrong the AP and Coaches actually are at predicting rank.  I guess they need a starting point but I still don’t look much into preseason rankings at the college level. 

Feel free to discus your thoughts and get some good college football talk going…

Associated Press Top 25

1 Florida
2 Texas
3 Oklahoma
4 Southern California
5 Alabama
6 Ohio State
7 Virginia Tech
8 Mississippi
9 Oklahoma State (tie)
9 Penn State       (tie)
11 LSU
12 California
13 Georgia
14 Boise State
15 Georgia Tech
16 Oregon
17 TCU
18 Florida State
19 Utah
20 Brigham Young
21 North Carolina
22 Iowa
23 Notre Dame
24 Nebraska
25 Kansas

Coaches Poll

1 Florida
2 Texas
3 Oklahoma
4 Southern California
5 Alabama
6 Ohio State
7 Virginia Tech
8 Penn State
9 LSU
10 Mississippi
11 Oklahoma State
12 California
13 Georgia
14 Oregon
15 Georgia Tech
16 Boise State
17 TCU
18 Utah
19 Florida State
20 North Carolina
21 Iowa
22 Nebraska
23 Notre Dame
24 Brigham Young
25 Oregon State

Signature 

mcaviglia@brunoboys.net

Beat the Bruno Boys! Square off against Bruno Boys Staffers–For a weekly chance to win $1,000 in prize money, click here to register:  $1,000 IN WEEKLY PAYOUTS 

Posted: 28 August 2009 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  385
Joined  2009-07-01

Sports Illustrated’s rankings:

1. Florida
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. USC
5. Alabama
6. Ohio State
7. Virginia Tech
8. Ole Miss
9. Oklahoma State
10. Penn State
11. LSU
12. Cal
13. Georgia
14. Boise State
15. Georgia Tech
16. Oregon
17. TCU
18. Florida State
19. Utah
20. BYU
21. North Carolina
22. Iowa
23. Notre Dame
24. Nebraska
25. Kansas

and SI’s bowl predictions can be found here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/08/10/si.bowl.predictions/index.html

Hmm…OSU versus USC in the Rose Bowl? Could be interesting. They also have a rematch of Boise State-Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, what great game that was to watch back in 2007.

Signature 

csteger@brunoboys.net

Beat the Bruno Boys! Square off against Bruno Boys Staffers–For a weekly chance to win $1,000 in prize money, click here to register:  $1,000 IN WEEKLY PAYOUTS 

Posted: 29 August 2009 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
MVP
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  319
Joined  2009-07-01

I can’t wait for the college football season. I am almost as big of a fan of the college game as I am of the NFL. I am very fortunate to have a wife that doesn’t give me a hard time about watching college football all day on Saturday, then turning around and watching the NFL all day on Sunday. Not to mention everything that I do for fantasy football.

Has anyone tried to playing college fantasy football yet? I know that CBS Sports has leagues and I was thinking about trying it out.

Posted: 31 August 2009 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Hall of Famer
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  385
Joined  2009-07-01
Bruno Boys Larry - 29 August 2009 04:56 AM

I can’t wait for the college football season. I am almost as big of a fan of the college game as I am of the NFL. I am very fortunate to have a wife that doesn’t give me a hard time about watching college football all day on Saturday, then turning around and watching the NFL all day on Sunday. Not to mention everything that I do for fantasy football.

Has anyone tried to playing college fantasy football yet? I know that CBS Sports has leagues and I was thinking about trying it out.

you know I’ve never been able to get into college fantasy football, which is strange considering I do fantasy basketball (a 32-team league) and fantasy soccer (EPL). I enjoy my fantasy sports but college fantasy football just doesn’t quite do it for me.

I also enjoy college football a lot as I grew up in Columbus and was raised a Buckeye fan. Want to talk about hardcore? My dad’s such a hardcore Buckeye fan he’s missed four home games since 1969, and two of those were because he was in the hospital.

Signature 

csteger@brunoboys.net